Lesson Originally delivered on 2/25
Here are some takeaways from the lesson:
- What now?
- We’ve died to sin, how can we still live in it? Doing so would be hypocritical.
- We have a personal responsibility for ministry
- We’ve been baptized into Christ’s death
- Mark 10:38, Luke 12:50
- We who have died no longer rejoice in sin – we have a newness of life (V. 4)
- As we place out faith in Jesus, we die to ourselves
- We are justified so that we may no longer be enslaved to sin (V. 6-7)
- His death is what enables us to live differently.
- What does this look like?
- Titus 2:14
- Romans 6:11- Paul’s first exhortation to the Roman Christians comes midway through the sixth chapter. In light of what he’s said in chapters 1-5, we should consider ourselves alive in Christ
- We are free of the debt we have accrued, but sin may still exist
- Based upon grace, do not let sin reign in your life (V. 12)
- We now have the ability to live righteously
- We are slaves to whom (or what) we obey
- Obedience leads to righteousness and righteousness leads to sanctification.
Additional Resources to consider: