Lesson on Romans 7 Originally delivered on 3/4
Here are some takeaways from the lesson:
- Dead to the Law
- Death alters the law
- Since we have died to sin, we have also died to legalism
- We have been released from the law, so we can serve in newness of spirit
- The law reveals sin. Through the law, we can recognize our sin.
- Colossians 3:5
- We live with a tension of His will vs. Our sinful nature
- We need to know when we miss the mark
- Leviticus 18:5, Psalm 19:7-10, Ezekiel 20:11
- Sin has kills me, not the Law
- Sin took advantage of the Law
- The Law is what it has always been (A good thing), but sin creeps in and entices us to break the law. (V. 13)
- The Conflict of Two Natures
- Christians are a hybrid of created and fallen man — we have experiential knowledge of good and evil and we’ve been reconciled to God through faith.
- There’s a tension — my inner self wants to do right, but my sinful nature holds me back.
- V. 25 should encourage us