Lesson on Romans 8:1-25 Originally delivered on 3/18
Here are some takeaways from the lesson:
- Romans 5:10-6:6 tells us we were saved not just from sin, but also so we can walk in newness of life
- Living under the law < Living under grace
- New reality of Christ: Regenerate Man
- V. 1-12
- Holy Spirit + Jesus’ sacrifice enable me to live differently
- V. 13: We have a flesh mind, but when we trust in Jesus we are given the mind of the Spirit
- Galatians 5:16-24
- Are you living by the Spirit?
- V. 16: When living in the Spirit, we’re not relying on the flesh
- Who are your guiding voices?
- We must put Scripture in our minds to help us stop gratifying the flesh
- Am I fighting sin, or just giving in?
- V. 17-19: We must actively engage the Spirit
- My sin also affects others. We must understand what sin does and why it’s so disastrous
- V. 22-23: Fruit of the Spirit
- When living in the Spirit, we will exhibit these traits.
- V. 24: I must crucify the flesh
- Put to death desires that are not of God’s Kingdom/righteousness
- 1 Peter 4:1-4
- Romans 8:14- Spirit led –> Child of God
- V. 15-16: Spirit of Adoption
- V. 17-18: Suffering is worth it. We are fighting sin now with the promise of future glory
- V. 24-25: We have the power to live by the Spirit by spending time with God.
Additional Resources to consider: