Lesson originally delivered on 1/14
Here are some of the takeaways from the lesson:
- It is not uncommon for much of what we do to not be reflected in our understanding of God’s will for our life.
- Regardless of the truths that I have known concerning God’s will, I have at times been more interested in my will being brought to fruition than God’s.
- God’s plan for you is for your good, but you are not the one that gets to define what that good is, He does. And it is better than any good you could ever imagine.
- God’s plan for you is Holiness – God’s Plan for you is to be a lover of People – God’s Plan for you is to be in service to Him.
- There are two futures in this life for all to take hold of and they are found in a familiar passage in Matthew 16:24-25
- One future “finds” life and the other “loses” it. One loses the temporal for the sake of the eternal and one forgoes the eternal for the satisfaction or dream of the temporal. And so the question is posed…if anyone would want to come after me (Jesus) and take hold of those things that are eternal – He/She must decide to forgo themselves, place themselves on the road to Calvary – cross in tow, and follow Jesus to the death of themselves.
Additional resources to consider