First Baptist Church of Columbia
Saturday, November 28, 2015
While some camp scholarship grants are available, we encourage students to play an active role in raising the funds they need to participate. Student Ministries provides some ways to do just that.

Camp Classic Golf Tournament
Instead of doing dozens of small fund-raisers throughout the year, we focus all our fundraising efforts on one BIG fundraising event each spring…the Camp Classic Golf Tournament. The tournament will be held on Monday, March 31 and there are two ways you can earn support for your trips.

1. Camp Classic Fundraising Student Web Pages
We have an opportunity for students to create fundraising webpages to raise their own support. Share your webpage through Facebook, Twitter and email. Family and friends who want to contribute any amount toward your trip can donate directly on your site and it’s all tax deductible. Students receive credit for 60% of each donation. The other 40% goes toward total trip costs (like transportation).

The deadline to sign up for a webpage is Monday, February 3, 2014. 
The deadline to receive donations is Monday, March 31, 2014.
Click here for the Camp Classic Fundraising Page Tips.

2. Selling Sponsorships for the Camp Classic
Do you know any business owners or individuals who want to play or advertise through the Camp Classic? Check out the Camp Classic brochure and pass it along to anyone who might be interested in participating in the tournament as a player. sponsor or donor. Students receive 40% of any new or continuing sponsorships.

Click here for a guide on
How To Sell Sponsorships.

Camp Classic Website and Brochures will be available January 15, 2014.
Sponsorship deadline is Monday, March 17, 2014. 

Other Serving Opportunities
Of course as followers of Christ we are called to serve on a regular basis expecting nothing in return. However, there are some opportunities around FBC for students to earn scholarship money.
Childcare: High school students may contact the Children’s Ministry Office about paid childcare positions during special events and Sunday afternoon lunch meetings. All monies earned go directly to a student’s scholarship account.
Special Service to Members: Occasionally church members will ask for student help with yard work, cleaning projects and other big jobs, and they like to offer scholarship money as a thank you. We keep students posted on opportunities as they arise.
Special Service to Student Ministries: If you know of an upcoming scholarship need in your family and you would like to work for your scholarship, contact the Student Ministries Staff about ways you can help the ministry.
If a registration form doesn't appear soon, please click here.