GATHERING FOR WORSHIP- SUNDAY, AUGUST 9
To RSVP for the August 9th worship service, please use the button below.
We look forward to seeing you Sunday.
View the details and FAQ’s below!
Do I need to bring my reservation confirmation? No. We are taking RSVPS to prepare for the number who will attend, but you will not need to show your registration to enter.
Is there childcare? No, we are not providing childcare at this time. We encourage you to worship together as a family.
Where should I park? Senior adult and handicap parking will be available in the Washington Street parking lot. You can park in the Marion Street parking garage, on the streets surrounding the church, or in the Palmetto Citizen’s parking lot.
Where can I enter the building? You can enter though the front steps of the sanctuary building, Washington Street awning, and Washington Street parking lot entrances.
Do I have to wear a mask? Staff and volunteers who are greeting will wear masks. Based on recent guidance, we strongly encourage you to wear a mask while in the building. If you forget yours, we have extra available at the Connection Desk in main foyer of the sanctuary building and at the Washington Street desk.
Is FBC enforcing social distancing? Yes, we have arranged our pews to allow 6 feet between worshippers. Out of respect for others, we ask that people not congregate in the building before or after the service.
Will there be assigned seating? No. Ushers will be available to help you find a seat. We ask that you sit on the ends of the pews marked with green signs. Please leave 6 ft. of distance between your family and the next.
Will I be able to use the restroom? Yes, our bathrooms will be available. There is limited capacity in our restrooms and they will be cleaned frequently.
How will the offering be collected? We will have offering receptacles in the sanctuary and foyer for you to drop off your offering. You can also give online.
Will there be a greeting time in the service? No, there will not be a greeting time.
Will Sunday School meet? No Sunday School classes will be meeting on Sunday mornings. We do have classes gathering on campus throughout the week in some of our larger rooms to allow for social distancing.
What You Can Expect Of Us
As we begin to offer worship services, our staff and volunteer team will take the following precautions:
· Our custodial team is diligently cleaning our facilities including hard surfaces, door knobs, and restrooms.
· We will limit our worship service to no more than 20% capacity. Proper social distancing protocols will be in place.
· Hand sanitizer will be provided upon entering and exiting the building.
· Specific entrances and exits will be used to limit cross-flow of traffic.
· If someone tests positive for Covid-19 after a service, after talking with them we will notify everyone at that service so they can take adequate precautions.
What We Ask Of You
As we gather, we want to take precautions out of love for one another. As we move forward we want protect those worshiping along with us and the vulnerable in our community. Please join us in this by:
· Registering for the service/event you would like to attend so we can stay within the gathering size guidelines.
· The use of masks is encouraged. Remember that a face covering is meant to protect other people.
· Make every effort to maintain a distance of six feet apart from others (this includes refraining from shaking hands or other physical contact).
· Refrain from coming to a service if you or anyone else you have been around shows symptoms of COVID-19.
· If you are particularly vulnerable to COVID-19 because of any risk factors, we encourage you to refrain from coming to any event taking place on our campus.
· In the case that you test positive for COVID-19 after attending a service, please inform the appropriate ministry leader of the service/event you attended in a timely manner.