Estep Family Life Center
– First Baptist Church of Columbia –
Welcome to the Estep Family Life Center (EFLC). Below are a few changes to our operation. As we progress, we will revise these policies. Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or 803.343.8587 with questions.
Policies & Guidelines
- Limitation of hours to 9 AM – 7:00 PM Monday – Thursday and 9 AM – 2 PM on Friday’s.
- Masks are not required.
- Lockers and showers are open.
- Hands should be disinfected upon entering & exiting.
- Equipment used by participants should be disinfected before & after use.
- Please use only 1 piece of equipment at a time (i.e. no circuits) in order that equipment is cleaned after each use.
- Please do not share equipment.
- If you feel sick and/or you are running a fever, please stay home.
- If you are in the “at risk” category for COVID-19 as identified by the CDC or are over 65 years of age, please take extra precautions.
- Staff will clean high touch surfaces, bathrooms, and the Cardio/Weight rooms constantly throughout the day.
1410 Sumter Street
Here at the EFLC we take a total-life approach to health and fitness by offering Christ-centered, fun-filled activities and sports for people of all ages. We have specialized exercise classes, instruction-for-life classes, and high-energy sports to help you improve your fitness level while also building relationships with others. Look through our list of programs and classes below and find the best options that fit you. We look forward to seeing you at the EFLC.
FBC Church Member Memberships
Cost: $30/individual/year or $40/family/year
This membership level is for First Baptist Church members only. The FBC Wellness membership includes access to the 2 weight rooms, cardio room and lockers and showers. To sign up for the FBC Church Member Wellness membership download and complete the FBC Membership Form located above and bring payment to the 2nd floor activity desk of the EFLC.
Community Memberships to Wellness Center
Cost: $80/individual/6 months or $110/family/6 months
$25/individual/month or $45/family/month
We welcome our Community to join our Wellness Center. The DBA Membership level is for non-church members. DBA memberships include access to 2 weight rooms, cardio room and lockers and showers. The Estep Family Life Center (EFLC) offers all of this through a 6 month membership. All other activities are pay as you go. To join the Wellness Center, download and complete the DBA Membership Form located above and bring payment to the 2nd floor activity desk of the EFLC.
Come play on our 3 Indoor Pickleball courts!
Cost: $2/visit or $20/10 visits plus 11th visit free
Day/Times: W, 3:30-7:00 PM
Location: EFLC 2nd floor
Bring your paddle and enjoy some friendly competition. For more details call us at 803.343.8587
FREE Beginner’s Pickleball Clinic
Join us Wednesday, June 29, at 5:30 pm for all the basics necessary to pick up the game of Pickleball! Pickleball is the fastest growing sport in America. Come learn why it will be your new favorite sport. Registration is required.
Tuesday mornings beginning June 14 through August 9 (No pickleball July 26)
Who: All levels welcome!
When: Tuesdays from 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM
Cost: $2/player or $20 punchcard (11 visits)
Group X Training Classes
Instructor: Chris Rick, certified NASM personal trainer
Cost: $30/1 day per week for 1 month or $60/2 days per week for 1 month
Days/Times: T & Th, 4:30 – 5:00 PM OR 5:30 – 6:00 PM
Ages: Must be at least 16 years old
Week of July 5, 2022 starts next 4 week session. Ongoing. Always wanted to train with a personal trainer, but couldn’t afford it? Now is your chance to learn and be challenged. It will be the most rewarding 30 minutes you will spend! Group Cross Training classes will vary. Examples include: core, stretching, circuits, kettlebells, HIIT and so much more! Membership to the EFLC is not required for class participation; however, it will be required if you want to use the EFLC Wellness Center outside of class.
Personal Training with Chris
Trainer: Chris Rick, certified NASM personal trainer
Cost: $30/30 minute session or $50/1 hour training session
Days/Times: Flexible – fill out participant form and Chris will contact you.
Ages: Must be at least 16 years old
Have you been looking for ways to jump start your work out? Are you new to exercise or are you training for something specific? Maybe you just need variety in your work out and/or some motivation. We now have Personal Training for you! Our own FBC member Chris Rick is a certified personal trainer with the National Academy of Sports Medicine. He will guide you on your journey! Chris will work with your schedule and help you achieve goals! Must be a member of the Estep Family Life Center Wellness Center to take advantage of the training.
No membership required for Aerobics Classes
Here at EFLC we give you the freedom and flexibility to choose a fitness plan that fits your needs without the added membership fees. You can sign up for any aerobics class individually or bundle them together for a better price. Browse our Aerobics Classes below then click on the Register button to sign up.
Register Each Month:
1 class/week for 1 month $20
2 classes/week for 1 month $30
Instructor: Certified PHI® Pilates instructors
Days/Times: M & Th, 5:30 – 6:30 PM
Starts: May 2, 2022. Ongoing. Pilates is a body sculpting activity that works your body from the inside out. Develop long lean muscles from this great core exercise class. Class holiday is May 30. There is a registration minimum to hold the class.
Choose the classes that best fit your schedule and your needs, and enjoy your path to a healthy lifestyle.
Strong to the Bone
Instructor: Carleen Smoak, certified instructor
Days/Times: M & Th, 9:30 – 10:30 AM
Start Date: Ongoing.
Call 803-343-8587 for more information.
$40/8 week session
Class is designed to increase strength, balance and flexibility for the participants by incorporating chair exercises with elastic bands.
Spring Soccer Shots®
Day/Times: Tuesdays, 5:30 – 6:05 PM
Ages: 2 years – 2nd grade
Start Date: March 15 (6 week session)
Safety Protocols for Soccer Shots Columbia classes:
- Coaches are required to take their own temperatures daily.
- Curriculum modifications to encourage greater distancing in classes
- Mini (Ages 2-3) limit of 8 children, Classic (Ages 3-5) and Premier (Ages 5-7) limit of 10 children (up to 12 when safety guidelines allow)
- Coaches have completed a Soccer Shots e-Learning Course on “Program Modifications and Safety Measures”
Parents guidelines for Soccer Shots Columbia classes:
- Wash and sanitize hands before arriving at Soccer Island (Public Programs Only)
- Adhere to state and/or local jurisdiction regarding face-covering requirements
- Practice social distancing by trying to stay 6 feet away from others that do not live in your household
- Stay home when you are sick and keep your children home from Soccer Island if they are sick
- If attending a Mini class (Ages 2-3), we ask that only one family member per child be present on Soccer Island (face covering required)
Ages 2 – young 3
Soccer Shots Mini is a high-energy program introducing children to fundamental soccer principles, such as using your feet, dribbling and the basic rules of the game. Through fun games and positive reinforcement, children will begin to experience the joy of playing soccer and being active.
Ages 3 – 5
Soccer Shots Classic utilizes creative and imaginative games to focus on basic soccer skills like dribbling, passing and shooting. We also highlight a positive character trait each session such as respect, teamwork and appreciation.