Estep Family Life Center Daily Operations:
We are here to meet your exercise needs!
The Estep Family Life Center (EFLC) is looking forward to welcoming all of you back! However, some things are going to look different in our facility for a while. Below are a few changes to our operation in accordance with the State of South Carolina Re-opening Guidelines. As we progress, we will revise these policies when deemed safe by the government and health officials.
- Limitation of hours to 9 AM – 7:00 PM Monday – Thursday and 9 AM – 2 PM on Friday’s.
- Lockers and showers are open.
- Please bring a water bottle for our water bottle filling stations or money to purchase bottles.
- Hands should be disinfected upon entering & exiting.
- Social distancing should be observed in all areas of the facility.
- Limitation of number of participants allowed in each area of facility.
- Aerobics/Fitness classes will have 10’ x 10’ marked spaces for participants to stay within while exercising.
- The amount of time allowed in the Weight Room or the Cardio Room may be limited during peak times.
- Equipment used by participants should be disinfected before & after use.
- Please use only 1 piece of equipment at a time (i.e. no circuits) in order that equipment is cleaned after each use.
- Please do not share equipment.
- If you feel sick and/or you are running a fever, please stay home.
- If you are in the “at risk” category for COVID-19 as identified by the CDC or are over 65 years of age, please take extra precautions.
- Staff will clean high touch surfaces, bathrooms, and the Cardio/Weight rooms constantly throughout the day.
Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or 803.343.8587 with questions.
Mon. – Thurs. 9 AM – 7:00 PM
Friday 9 AM – 2 PM
Check out our Facebook page for updates www.facebook.com/estepfamilylifecenter
1410 Sumter Street
ESTEP FAMILY LIFE CENTER
FIRST takes a total-life approach to bringing families together by offering Christ-centered, fun-filled activities and sports for people of all ages. We offer specialized exercise classes, instruction-for-life classes, and high-energy sports to help you improve your fitness level while also enjoying fellowship with others.
Regardless of your experience or abilities, the Recreation Ministry at FIRST provides many great ways to exercise the body as well as to build character and relationships. Look through our list. We have no doubt that you will find just the class you are looking for!
FBC Member Wellness
Cost: $30/individual/year or $40/family/year
If you are a member of First Baptist Church, you can join the Estep Family Life Center. You can gain access to the basketball courts, weight room, cardio room, as well as the lockers and showers. To sign up for your membership download and complete the FBC Membership Form and bring payment to the 2nd floor activity desk of the EFLC.
Downtown Business Associates
Cost: $80/individual/6 months or $110/family/6 months
$25/individual/month or $45/family/month
Are you looking for a place to work out, use cardio equipment, walk/jog, play basketball and access lockers and showers? The Estep Family Life Center (EFLC) offers all these activities with a 6 month membership. To join, download and complete the DBA Membership Form and bring payment to the 2nd floor activity desk of the EFLC.
No membership required for Aerobics Classes
Here at EFLC we give you the freedom and flexibility to choose a fitness plan that fits your needs without the added membership fees. You can sign up for any aerobics class individually or bundle them together for a better price. Browse our Aerobics Classes below then click on the Register button to sign up.
Online Only Classes:
Can’t come in person? Join our Online Only classes for unlimited access to Zumba and Pilates videos. Our instructors have made their classes available so you can meet your fitness goals. Each monthly session will offer new videos!
Register For Fitness Classes
Monthly session fees are as follows:
1 class/week/1 month is $18.
2 classes/week/1 month are $28.
Unlimited classes/1 month are $40!
ONLINE ONLY Unlimited classes/1 month are $40!
Instructor: Certified instructors
Day/Time: W, 5:30 – 6:30 PM
Start Date: April 7, 2021
Come join us for an exercise class that is constantly keeping you on your toes. Class will offer Pilates, Zumba, Zumba toning, strength training and more – all from certified and licensed instructors!
Keep in shape with this new and ever changing mid-week exercise class! 1 Month session. Register and pay online at www.estepfamilylifecenter.com. Minimum of 10 participants pre-registered to hold the class.
Instructor: Certified PHI® Pilates instructors
Days/Times: M & Th, 5:30 – 6:30 PM
Start Date: April 5, 2021
Pilates is a body sculpting activity that works your body from the inside out. Develop long lean muscles from this great core exercise class.
1 Month session. Register and pay online at www.estepfamilylifecenter.com. Minimum of 10 participants pre-registered to hold the class.
Zumba Fitness® at Lunch
Instructor: Licensed Zumba® Fitness Instructors
Days/Times: T & Th, 12:15 – 1:00 PM
Start Date: April 1, 2021
Come join the party at lunch! Zumba combines high energy and motivating music with unique moves and combinations. The routines feature aerobic/fitness interval training with a combination of fast and slow rhythms that tone and sculpt the body.
Zumba utilizes the principles of fitness interval training and resistance training to maximize caloric output, fat burning and total body toning. It is a mixture of body sculpting movements with easy to follow dance steps.
Register and pay online at www.estepfamilylifecenter.com. Minimum of 10 participants pre-registered to hold the class.
Minimum of 10 participants pre-registered to hold the class.
Choose the classes that best fit your schedule and your needs, and enjoy your path to a healthy lifestyle.
Instructors: Carol McAlister & Sandy Greer
Day/Times: M, 5:30 – 7:00 PM
Start Date: TBA
$95/first time participants and $20/continuing participants
This 12 week Christ-centered health program offered in January of 2021. Each session offers instruction and Bible study designed to help you lose weight by bringing balance to your life. Call 343.8578 for more details and to register.
Strong to the Bone
Instructor: Carleen Smoak, certified instructor
Days/Times: M & Th, 9:30 – 10:30 AM
Start Date: Ongoing.
Call 803-343-8587 for more information.
$40/8 week session
Class is designed to increase strength, balance and flexibility for the participants by incorporating chair exercises with elastic bands. Second 8 week session begins March 1.
Spring Soccer Shots®
Day/Times: Tuesdays, 5:30 – 6:05 PM
Ages: 2 years – 2nd grade
Start Date: March 30 (8 week session)
Safety Protocols for Soccer Shots Columbia classes:
- Coaches are required to take their own temperatures daily.
- Curriculum modifications to encourage greater distancing in classes
- Updated coaching best practices, including wearing face shields and sanitizing gear (balls, cones, goals, etc)
- Mini (Ages 2-3) limit of 8 children, Classic (Ages 3-5) and Premier (Ages 5-7) limit of 10 children (up to 12 when safety guidelines allow)
- Coaches have completed a Soccer Shots e-Learning Course on “Program Modifications and Safety Measures”
Parents guidelines for Soccer Shots Columbia classes:
- Wash and sanitize hands before arriving at Soccer Island (Public Programs Only)
- Adhere to state and/or local jurisdiction regarding face-covering requirements
- Practice social distancing by trying to stay 6 feet away from others that do not live in your household
- Stay home when you are sick and keep your children home from Soccer Island if they are sick
- If attending a Mini class (Ages 2-3), we ask that only one family member per child be present on Soccer Island (face covering required)
Ages 2 – young 3
Soccer Shots Mini is a high-energy program introducing children to fundamental soccer principles, such as using your feet, dribbling and the basic rules of the game. Through fun games and positive reinforcement, children will begin to experience the joy of playing soccer and being active.
Ages 3 – pre K
Soccer Shots Classic utilizes creative and imaginative games to focus on basic soccer skills like dribbling, passing and shooting. We also highlight a positive character trait each session such as respect, teamwork and appreciation.